Sunday, February 05, 2006

Pricey, Kinda

Skydiving -- $150
Rocky Mountain Climbing -- $300
2.7 seconds on a bull named FuManChu -- $200+ hospital expenses
Loving Deeper -- ~$arm and a leg
Speaking Sweeter -- impossible, for me anyway
Watched an eagle as it was flying -- couldn't find one, except at the zoo. it wasn't flying. $20
----------------------
Living like I was dying... pricey.

There are some things in life money can't buy, for everything else... there's money.

Tim McGraw... this song was playing on my shower radio, only to gloomen my day. Is gloomen a word? Well, it is now. Gloomen: the opposite of brighten. In all truthiness, this song purports to motivate and fails. The problem, Tim, is that very few of us live the McGraw lifestyle. Not all of us can be married to Faith Hill (and most of us wouldn't be trying to kill ourselves if we were). In addition, there are college kids like me who just simply don't have the funds to live like I was dying. And that creates a dilemma. How am I supposed to live like I'm dying and fund my escapades at the same time. It's impossible. I say live like you were living. That way, when you have tons of money and a hot wife, you can throw away all your hard work and then live like you were dying. And at that point, you can truly be happy... because, after all, love and success are miniscule compared to the joy you'll get of throwing it all away.

So lets take Tim's lesson and tweak it for the less successful of us. For those of us who aren't rich and famous. Let's live like we were dying without going for broke. And here it is... the cost effective ways to live like you were dying...

-Ask a hobo for directions to the nearest country club
-After building it up as a fine establishment and a good place to get your fill, take a first date to the free clinic
-Show up at a crematorium with a stick and a bag of marshmallows

*more ideas will be posted later... if you've got any, I'll be happy to post 'em

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey nick how are you??

-kayla

3:23 PM  
Blogger Jason said...

Interesting. What if we reversed it and tried "die like you were living?" Maybe we could reverse the aging process... or conquer death itself... Maybe that was Jesus' strategy...

5:35 PM  
Blogger brett.cantrell said...

I feel like I'm dying right now... stupid being sick... my body is either too hot or too cold, I am not hungry but force myself to eat. Running nose, but I keep catching it... sleep all day and night... boo sickness... I wish I could live like I was living.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

what up nick? hey we will be in kc next weekend march 10,11,12. wanna do something?

oh also i added a blog to our webpage www.kimandcasey.com

we just got back from beverly hills...

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A DOUBLY RELEVANT COMMENT:

here is something to do, and some new facebook friends for you:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/09/national/09arson.html?_r=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin

5:20 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

Hi. I think you should post again.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Andy Schuttler said...

Yea, I'm about to declare this blog offically dead......it was going so well, too...

but Nick is, like this blog, a free spirit and a ramblin' man just goin along life as quick as he can

"Do you listen to yourself when you talk?"

"Eh, I drift in and out"

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home