Thursday, October 27, 2005

Do it for the Children

So, I was walking to college today and it dawned on me: I was brought up all wrong. When it came to dating, I was encouraged to see people for their inner person. Well, I tell you right now, that's horse maneur.

Riddle me this, Batman... how many of your little elementary school play-pals do you still hang with? I can count mine on a moose-knuckle. And, for kicks and giggles, let's just count those from high school. Why so few? I'll tell you why. Personality changes. Think of every single friend you've ever had that you no longer hang out with. It's all the same story: you've changed and/or your friends have changed. And guess what? They all look pretty much the same as they did at the younger age. That's right, I said it.

I was taught at a young age that appearance fades, but personality is everlasting. That's just ugly-talk right there. If you're ugly, you're gonna be ugly forever. If you're hot, you'll always be hotter than the ugly people... no matter the age. Sure there are make-overs, but what does that do? Makes people better looking. Are there make-overs to make people ugly? Maybe somewhere, but that's besides the point.

I suppose you could count some horrific accident. But not only would that provide you with a solid excuse, I'm pretty sure their personality is gonna be affected as well. My point is this: people don't typically get ugly over time. So what have you got to lose? I mean, let's face it, once you hit 60... everybody looks the same. A few wrinkles here, a couple there, maybe a few hairs left on the head, maybe a couple liver spots. So make it to 60 and you're golden.

Why do you think there are so many women dealing with abusive spouses? Because their charming personality persisted through the wedding and three screaming children? Doubtful. But I'd bet 23 ruples on him looking the same way.

So, college kids, use this time well. Stop wasting your time with ugly people. I mean, sure, they're great people, some are even kind of funny. I mean, when you gotta rely on personality, that's gotta be your bread and butter (I know from experience). Why have toast when you can have a beauty pageant winner? Precisely.

If anything... Do it for your children!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Amen brother.

11:38 PM  
Blogger brett.cantrell said...

you'd think I'd get more dates?

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.. good point.. idea for next blog,, new artist who disgrace old school jams..

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious

3:05 PM  
Blogger Lizzie said...

What an interesting thought!

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home