Sunday, May 21, 2006

Learn about NADS

Well, you'd assume from the title that I'm gonna be talking about male genitalia. And you couldn't be more right... in a round-about way, I reckon. Actually, this has nothing at all to do with the PEN-15 club.

Have you ever liked a girl, but just didn't "like-like" her, and you wanted to hang? Would you give your three best crayons to be able to date a girl without really dating her? Do you like toast? If you can answer yes to any of these questions, or even other questions, then read on for an adventure of a lifetime (of course, if you're a girl you can exchange the word 'girl' for 'boy,' you don't have to be a switch-hitter to continue reading).

Revolutionary ideas come once in a blue moon (that's a dumb phrase unless you think about it in reference to the blue man group), and here it is. It's called NADs. It stand for Not A Dates. Here, you can have a one on one 'date' without thinking "oh she's nice, but not really my type" or worrying that she's thinking "I'm so in love with Nick right now, GOSH... He's just so freaking adorable. I just want to wrap him up in toilet paper and flush him right down my toilet of love." I mean, these thoughts can straight up ruin a great time. So, you just have a NAD. What it is, it's practice... for you both. On top of that, it's a bonding experience. You can have NADs with girls you like, it just takes away any expectations. It's saying to yourself (and preferably to her, so it works out like true NADs), "Hey, I like spending time with you... and I think I want to know you better cuz you seem totally rad. But I don't want any sort of date connotations out of this." It's a mind-set. And it works.

But here's your warning label. NADs are to be used very, very carefully. If you get your NADs in a tight spot, people can get hurt... badly. Be sure your 'partner' knows you're pulling out the NADs. Because if she/he doesn't, they can get really confused. And getting NADs dropped in your lap when you're totally not expecting 'em totally sucks. So, friends, when you have NADs, use them carefully. If you want to go out on NADs, the other person better know, or else they'll just think it's a date... possibly hoping for a second, third, marriage. And when one person wants wedding bells and the other just wants some NADs, things get a bit hairy.

Yeah, there was no double-entendre there at all.

5 Comments:

Blogger brett.cantrell said...

I can't even muster up someone to NAD with... stink'n girls at KU... I blame them... all of them.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Jason said...

I have tried similar concepts in the past (MOPs, "casual dating"), and they haven't always worked out. I think this is a very guy-ish concept... girls just seem to like the actual dating. But, hey, if you find a girl who will share a NAD with you... maybe even two... then I think you've found someone special.

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilariously written, my friend.

can you participate in a NAD whilst married? since it isn't really a date....let me know.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Andy Schuttler said...

NADs dropped in your lap.....genius

Here's a thought. Would dating be more successful if you merely treated real dates like NADs, by that I mean remove the thinking about "where is this going" and just have a good time with someone else? Maybe?

7:39 AM  
Blogger Erica said...

I'll be the first (only?) girl to say that I think it's a brilliant idea, Nick. I hate the pressure of dates! Maybe this is why you and I are married. Or is it our sibling connection coming out here? :)

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home