Friday, April 28, 2006

Dreamy Music Videos

Do you ever sleep when you dream?

Many days now, I have this wonderful 'dead' time betwixt class and work, or class and class, or class and skipping class. Anyhow, I've been using this time for naps, or as some might call them 'mid-day slumbers.' Long story short, I lay down, crank up some tunage, and let the music do what it do. And recently 'what it do' has been making me have music video dreams. The beauty of it is that they're all so incredibly different. Most of the time, they're very abstract; but today I had one that changed me a bit (in a totally superficial, possibly deep way).

Today, the song "Hard Candy" by the Counting Crows was somehow meshed into another dream of sorts and created this coherent whole of a story. I've tried and failed at recapturing any glimmers of the dream, but I can tell you it was awesome. The lyrics became a mix between dialogue and narrative. All I know is that it was powerful. I thought the song was just okay before the dream, now I can't seem to get enough of it. I get faint glimpses of the dream every time I hear it.

Anyhow, dreams have been messing with me a lot lately.

Random PS: I figured I'd throw this out there randomly. No idea where the thought came from, but High School relationships are dumb. Stop me if any of this rings true to you.... It may have just been me, but my High School relationship was so much like every romance movie I've ever seen, it was uncanny. And I honestly believe that every immature relationship sounds just like a chick flick. It's really sad that as youth, we get all our dating/relationship cues from the movies and TV. Let me tell you a little about my past. It's been a while since High School, so I laugh at it now. Every time I tried to tell her how I felt, I was waxing poetic. It was bad. I'm not saying that none of it resembled the truth; I'm just saying that it was waaaaaayy exaggerated. Talk about freagin mushy stuff, man. Everything had to be so dramatic. It had to be one way or another. It was crazy. It was mad dashes to the airport to say goodbye one last time. It was 7pm on Lifetime, only I wasn't a stalker or abusive or a dishonest rapist... okay, maybe not off of the Lifetime network (which I might add... if 'male' was a race, Lifetime would be the most racist network on the planet). But, it was 100% chick flick material. My love letters alone could write 2 or 3 scripts. Okay, enough of that. Feel free to leave some love about your High School 'movie' relationships... or wacky dream music vids.

1 Comments:

Blogger brett.cantrell said...

I used to listen to the radio/still do to wake up too. One day back in HS I had it set on Mix 93.3 and a Britney Spears song came on the radio but instead of waking me up, in my dream I was in the halls of my highschool and the music was playing on the loud speakers throughout the halls and everyone started singing and dancing to it... I wish HS was like that really...

I agree about HS relationships, too over dramatic... I kinda wish I went the path of my college career..

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home